We are excited to support Traveler’s newest campaign, A Million Reason Why. The campaign aligns perfectly with our paperless initiative. Its goal is to plant one million trees.
How will they do it? For every billing account that is converted to paperless between now and April 30, 2020, Traveler’s is partnering with American Forests to plant one tree.
Did you know?1
- 80% of the world’s forests are already destroyed.
- 80,000 acres of forests are taken down every day
- 15% of greenhouse gas emissions are the result of deforestation.
- 1.6 billion people rely on forests for their livelihood
- 3.5/10 trees that are taken down are used for paper
- The average American uses about 7 trees annually2
- The paper and pulp industry is the 4th largest emitter of greenhouse gases in the manufacturing industry2
So how can A Million Reasons Why help?
Benefits of Using Less Paper
- Reduces your carbon footprint
- Results in less clutter around the house
- Allows you to access documents and files instantly
Planting More Trees:3
- Reduces heat in urban areas by shading asphalt and pavement
- Improves air quality by filtering harmful dust and pollutants
- Supports life by giving off oxygen
- Reduces erosion and pollution in waterways
- Provides habitat for wildlife
At CPG, we are working to reduce our carbon footprint, and we are thrilled to be part of this initiative. Help us make this campaign a success. We can help you submit your request to go paperless, or you can submit it yourself on the MyTravelers website.
1One Tree Planted https://onetreeplanted.org/pages/tree-facts
2 Small Footprint Family https://www.smallfootprintfamily.com/30-ways-to-use-less-paper
3Tree Advisory Board https://www.bgky.org/tree/benefits